Was struggling during the early part of praise and worship. Felt sthin pulling me back and i couldn't move forward. Heaviness weighed me down. I prayed and prayed in my heart till i received a word, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."
He is Jehovah Tsidkenu - God is My Righteousness.
I felt unclean and couldn't draw near to God. He was there accusing me. As I wield this sword of the Word, something broke. I felt released; freed. There He spoke, "To the degree of you understanding what it means to be righteous is the degree that you can live a victorious life." He is often there to accuse and condemn, whispering deception that you're not good enough, not clean enough, not pure enough to come near God. As you listen, you accept the deception and you stop drawing near to God. You don't dare to, you fear the rejection, you fear the wrath. But remember the blood that has been shed by Jesus. The blood that cleanses, the blood that sanctifies. The blood that covers you from head to toe and thoroughly washes you clean. That with the confession of His blood over your life, God looks at you CLEAN.
I came boldly before Him. Peace reigned, i felt accepted.
A new spiritual atmosphere experienced. I stand righteous before Him.
Dinner @ Adam Rd Guild House.
I could never hold good conversations. But still, dinner was very much enjoyable with ah beng and dajie. Always believe that it doesn't matter where i am, its the company of ppl that makes the time spent be like that in heaven or hell. It was fun listening to their bickering, interesting to observe their mannerisms and analyse their train of thoughts. Ah beng is really an interesting man, deep in his thoughts, one filled with wisdom and passion. Dajie is often witty, a non-conformist and confident in her values and stands. I didn't talk much as usual but i felt the dinner allowed good quality fellowship. I felt nourished on the inside. Ah beng bought gifts for dajie and me.
At that very moment, i was deeply touched. My eyes were welling up with tears back in the car. Overwhelmed by the fact that i was really leaving a group of ppl whom i've built wonderful friendships with for the past 10 mths.
Ah beng took the effort to take us for dinner and i truly appreciate his kind gestures and concerns throughout these 10 mths. He showed me that life isn't all about money and fame. Its about living life to the fullest, doing what you're convicted about and be passionate in the work you embark on. People ridiculed him for leaving the legal profession, but he has never once regretted of his switch to be where he is now. I asked him, "Do you enjoy what you're doing now?" A beam of joy lit up his face, "Every moment." was his reply.
Dajie is one of the colleagues i enjoyed hanging out a lot. She's always taking care of me. Feel very safe when she's around. Always making sure i've a fair share of everything, looking out for my comfort and safety. Allowing me to tag along with her for lunches and going ga-ga over shopping. Like me, she has a fetish for shoes. The only difference in us buying shoes, hers fit into the luxury goods category...mine, haha commoners' treats. Different SES...keke. I love her company...she's petite but one who is no pushover. Her stands are strong and she is not afraid to bring out the truth and she dares to venture beyond the house rules. I'm inspired by her dare-to-do, can-do attitude. Wishing her well in the new career choice. Praying that she will have a blissful marriage and a child of blessing soon!
Here's the book by ah beng. Heartfelt gratitude.
He shared a quote by Frank Scully..."Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
I agree. I will.