Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections of 2009

Were there times of uncertainties?

Plenty.

Were there times of pressure and frustration?

No doubt.

Were there times of fear and insecurity?

Yes.

Were there times of heartbreak and heartaches?

I wish there weren't.

Were there times of helplessness?

Indeed.

In many of these moments, I did not have a immediate solution to rectify the situation. There were plenty of moments that I waited.

In waiting, I learn to cool down.

My Prince of Peace.

In waiting, I learn to ponder.

The One who gives me wisdom.

In waiting, I learn to trust.

My Shepherd.

In waiting, I learn to yield.

My Lord and King.

I know I could have made better choices in many areas this year and I have failed in different areas. Thank you for disciplining, for showing me the truth, for encouraging and for your extension of grace and love.

I crucify my flesh and surrender to You once again.

Thank you Lord. Lead me to be not just a better person but to be more Christlike.

This is my prayer for an end to 09 and a beginning to 10 - Trust in the Lord and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways, I acknowledge You and You will make my paths straight.

A greater 10 awaits.
Sent via BlackBerry from SingTel!