Thursday, September 20, 2007
Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
In everything give thanks.
(1 Thes 5:16-18)
You know its easy to read this verse when things are ok.
Its extremely difficult to apply when things are not right.
Had series of events happening. Murphy's law at work today.
I have been engaging in self-dialogue throughout the day.
I'm having a bad day.
HALLELUJAH ANYWAY.
I'm having a lousy day.
PRAISE THE LORD ANYWAY.
I screwed up many time today.
ITS OK! I'LL DO BETTER ANOTHER DAY.
I just cannot do it.
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM.
So many problems today.
ITS ALRIGHT, I'M A PROBLEM SOLVER EVERYDAY!
And the list goes on and on and on...
Well, God is good.
Just when i thought things are a lil too quiet and peaceful.
He throws me off guard by injecting adventurous situations...
Haha it all starts today.
God is good.
He answered my prayer.
"Lord, i want to apply your Word in my life..."
There you go.
Rejoice always.
So I have to obey the word and it says always.
So I have to rejoice when things are ok.
I also have to rejoice when things are not alright.
My lappie crashed...
It kept sleeping away...
Refusing to wake up...
I had to scream in my heart.
ALL THINGS WORK OUT GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD!
I queued...
Nearing the stall...
I realised i need to pick the food...
Pass to auntie then re-queue...
I had to shout at the top of my mind.
PRAISE THE LORD ANYWAY!
Praying without ceasing.
It was a bit hard.
But it was still possible.
When i send my lappie for repair...
They didn't want to take in initially...
By protocol, they won't do it w/out the warranty card...
I prayed in my heart.
LET THE LAPPIE BE HOSPITALISED TODAY!
ALL THINGS WORK OUT GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.
They gave in and took apple to the MacDoctor.
At other times, i prayed in tongues.
!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()
Do not get me wrong. These are not vulgarites or "canals".
Just that i've no human words to describe tongues.
Therefore symbols are used.
So when I dunno what other words to pray...
I go !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*()
When others are around and i can't pray openly too...
I also !@#$%^&*()!@#$%^&*() in my heart.
That's right.
Pray without ceasing.
Pray in words understood.
Pray in tongues.
In everything, give thanks.
I ask myself this question today.
What can i give thanks when everything seems wrong?
When the lappie is down.
Diagnosed with logic board cancer.
I thanked God that apple's data memory is not erased.
When I had to requeue.
Time is running short.
I thanked God that food is good and the cab can speed.
When I failed to deliver certain things.
I caused someone to slow down in work.
I thanked God for His given grace and understanding from others.
When I waited at the right bus stop.
But the service of the buses had not started.
I thanked God that for other buses to take and i know the routes.
When I feel that the entire day is bad.
Nothing is worth taking note of.
I thanked God that Jesus still holds the rein.
Jesus reigns. Through sunshine or rain.
Today is a small reminder.
How easy it is to drop into the valley of negativism.
How quick it is to drench ourselves with murmuring.
How appealing it is to sing to the tunes of ingratitude.
I choose not to hear nor read the Word only.
Actively applying...
rejoice always.
pray without ceasing.
in everything, give thanks.
Why?
for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
Good night.