Tuesday, March 9, 2010

SUNTEC HERE WE COME!

Tears of joy overflow…

Truly an amazing piece of news!

A place we can finally call our own…

In the marketplace, for the marketplace, to penetrate the marketplace.

For years, we have confessed.

For months, we have searched.

For days, we kept our faith and prayed and prayed.

FINALLY SUNTEC!!!

I am just thankful.

Having been in Hollywood Theatre…

I remembered the days where we would queue under the hot sun…one moment, fanning ourselves, another moment, looking out for the birds…squeezed in the crowd to get through the doors and the balcony…feeling the balcony shaking and wondering if it will ever fall with the people jumping and dancing during praise and worship…meeting the members in the nearby KFC and Mac…eating Banmian at the stalls behind Hollywood.

Having been in Jurong West…

I remembered the first time when we heard that we finally had our land in Jurong West in cg and we were in Fairfield school uniforms…the girls cried and cried and cried. We were so overwhelmed by the fact that God has given us a land. Those days of sharing a bowl of noodles together during recess, those days of regular fasting, those days of having early morning prayer meetings along our school staircase…were truly worthwhile.

I remembered the first time where we stepped into the new building…it was really new but dusty. We got together to clean up and prepare the House of God. It was hard work but it was nothing compared to the excitement that we could worship God week after week in this miracle house. I stood in awe when I saw the underground auditorium, never been to such a beautiful sanctuary. I remembered us queuing at the long staircases, long and hot and stuffy, but the wait always fades in comparison with the services that followed thereafter. The God factor prevails.

Having been in Expo…

I remembered the first time we heard about our shift to the Far East, oh that mixed feelings I had. Absolute delight to know that the house needs a bigger place for expansion but it was also another time to get out of the comfort zone. Nonetheless, it was with great expectations that we head down to the far east. The first time when we had our church combined prayer meeting, it was His presence fondly remembered.

Emerge, Sermon on the Mount, MNE2, Blood Donation Drives, Asia Conference, Song of Solomons (I missed and look forward to more churchwide bible seminars). Here is also the start of having to travel from Jurong West-Expo-Expo-Jurong West at times. God is always doing something bigger and newer ever since I know Him.

As I looked back to every place that God has brought us, I am really grateful He has always been there. We weathered the many storms and He has been faithful and true to see us through. Those months and years of believing and sowing into the vision have not been in vain. God is indeed GOOD!!!

Hearing Pastor from the pulpit sharing about the building acquirement process, I have no qualms that he and Sun are indeed one of the few boldest, wisest and most determined people around!  What an honor and privilege to have them as our leaders! We are truly blessed.

As I talked to Xin about our BF pledges last night, I was very glad to know that he shared the same sentiments as me. Although this season will be challenging for us, we’re believing and are assured that as we build His house first, He will build our house.

It is in the house of God where I was loved, I was found, I was led, I was served, I was called, that I loved, that I served, that I led, that I followed, that I found.

I heart the house of our God.

As I head back to Suntec tomorrow, it will be different from the other days…there lies the air of anticipation and casting of that confident look…

THE LAND IS NOW OURS! HURRAY!!!

Thank you JESUS! :)