Tuesday, August 25, 2009

faithfulness

While preparing for last week’s msg, I checked

up on the word “Faithful” on dictionary.com.

 

This was the list of definitions…

Faithful - adjective

1. strict or thorough in the performance of

duty: a faithful worker.

2. true to one's word, promises, vows, etc.

3. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal;

constant: faithful friends.

4. reliable, trusted, or believed.

5. adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an

original; accurate: a faithful account; a

faithful copy.

6. Obsolete. full of faith; believing.

 

The words like loyalty and being true and

consistent struck my heart.

 

I thought about my walk with God and

reflected on my level of loyalty to Him and

faithfulness to keep His word.

 

I thought about my faithfulness in the little

things, in finances and in what belongs to

other men.

 

I admit that there have been plenty of times

where I did not make the mark and have

failed in the area of faithfulness.

 

I think the msg is not just a word in season for

my members but also the word that speaks

strongly to my life. I really want to follow Him

till the very end. It is not just a decision that I

made when I was a youth. Far more than

ever, I want to be found faithful to Him all the

days of my life.

 

As I journey through the different phases in my

life, I will also watch over the 3Ps: Pride,

Position, Power.

 

It is really quite tempting to let the carnal

thoughts translate into words and actions at

times. There are some occasions that I would

feel so irritated and upset with some people

that I meet at work. The thoughts of how I

would want to scold or smack them can be

pretty enticing. (Haha honest truth…Sheryl

is not nice and patient all the time) It is

always a challenge to stay faithful to my

decision to see them through the eyes of Jesus

and help them to the best that I can. It is not

easy but I will and I want to. 

 

I pray that I will live out the word everyday. In

all that I do, I want to become more and more

Christlike as a person.

 

Let me be found faithful as Your servant.