Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ponders…

Reading the Word…

Came across I Tim 5 concerning the works towards widows.

____________________________________________________

The weeks of having to crucify one’s flesh in a different way.

A time when no positive feelings may come out of the experiences…

Still, one has to make a choice of blessing your enemies.

Even in confessing the blessings, there’s still tinges of desire to be avenged.

But one has to sift out even these hidden cries of revenge.

Bless them, no matter what their actions are.

Bless them, no matter what their words are.

Bless them, no matter what their intentions are.

And Rom 13:8 speaks of this…

“Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.”

The debt of love…

to continue loving the unlovable (for we also have the unlovable side in us)

to continue loving the unreasonable (for we also have the unreasonable side in us)

Likes the quote that CS Lewis stated too…

“To be a Christian is to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in us.”

As Christ love one much, love others much.

(And if only, the action of love is as easy as blogging about the decision to love)

No longer I.

____________________________________________________

Finally a movie date after a hiatus.

Just some thoughts about Wall Street…

To fully appreciate it, you might need some knowledge of the subprime crisis in 07/08.

Thankfully with @lee_xh’s aid, I began to see the parallels.

Its scary to see people having overtly confident attitudes toward the longevity of good days.

Thinking that the good days will not fail.

Thinking that lady luck will not run.

Thinking that the best is set to stay.

Thinking that the worst will not happen.

We do not need to get pessimistic.

But neither do we bubble wrap ourselves with fallacies.

For the days of youth, we were taught that we should prepare for the worst as we plan for the best.

 

To think that nothing will ever go wrong is deception.

To hope that nothing will ever go wrong is optimism.

To prepare even when nothing will ever go wrong is prudence.

Not a financial guru and I must admit to my fair share of mistakes in how I manage money.

But I really think we should never have casual attitudes to our finances.

For we have been appointed as stewards.

For we are to be found faithful in this area.

I pray that I will always be.

 

For us as believers, we also ought to get these clear…

That the tithe is not unto man, but unto God; our obedience to His Word.

That the offerings are beyond the command;  our presentation of love to Him.

 

Alright, I’m rattling off some random thoughts as usual…

Just a verse that keeps popping out my mind…

“Godliness with contentment is great gain…”

I want to be a godly and contented person!