Friday, May 29, 2009

Random thoughts

My first time at IMH today…

I was drawn to the tranquil surrounding.

I read the quotes along the walls.

But nothing caught my attention as much as this…

“Loving hearts, beautiful minds”

Beauty in acceptance.

Making of an inclusive society.

 

Walking along…

I thought to myself,

“Being a social worker is one of the best choices

I have made.”

 

The opportunities given in these 2 years…

 

Went to different places:

Did humanitarian work in China…

Visited the prisons and halfway houses…

Walked through the corridors of 1 room flats…

Entered the rubbish bin collection area…

Attended gala dinners and forums…

 

Met different people:

Met the President and PM Lee…

Saw Jackie Chan and Jet Li…

Spoke to decision makers…

Met mentally unsound people…

Spoke to divorcees, single parents…

Brief encounters with amazing ppl…

 

Thankful for all that I’ve gone through.

Yes, there have heartbreaks and painful experiences.

If its not worth fighting for, its not worth it at

all.

And I think life has never been as fulfilling as in

these times.

I am blessed and privileged.

Help me to continue in this race.

Till then.