Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thoughts

Someone asked, "Why do you blog in a way that it is hard to understand sometimes?"

And I pondered.

My posts are like parables, nowhere comparable to what is in the Word.

Just very personalized.

Public but equally private.

Transparent but adequately mystified.

To reveal something but not everything.

Sometimes too much of sharing spoils the fun.

________________________________________________

Yay for finishing the book!

"Why we can't wait" by Martin Luther King Jr. is such an awesome read.

I was almost tearing at some points.

Some provoking thoughts:

"Just laws are man-made codes that squares with the moral law and the Word of God."

Unjust laws go against the moral laws.

"Unjust law is no law at all..."

"The ten commandments of the nonviolent movement"

The mobilizing of American Africans to lay down their lives and their willingness to do without daily wages and to go to jail for a Cause.

Dr King went to jail without the finances to bail him out; saluting his faith to believe that for the vision, the provision will come and respecting his Esther's attitude that if he perish, he perish.

Loving the Church yet rebuking the white church in love for its lack of direct action; reminder of the sin of omission - the failure to do good when good needs to be done.

Few years before 1963, the elderly Negro woman participated in the bus boycott said, "I'm doing this for my children and grandchildren..." Few years after in 1963, the young Negro boy who apologized to his father for joining the nonviolent movement but insisted on doing so. "Dad, I'm doing this for you because I do not want you to end up like the rest beaten...I'm joining the movement because I want you and mum alive." The children and grandchildren follow suit indeed.

To fight for a better future for all.

I questioned myself...

Can I fight like how they fought?

I reminded myself...

If there is something worth fighting for, it is worth dying for.

And so much more.

I am so glad to read all these in the midst of the busyness.

"There must be something more, there must be something more..."

Awaken my soul.

________________________________________________

I wish I had more time.

I hate it when I am sick at the wrong times.

I get frustrated when I forget the times.

I am upset when there is a lack of time.

In the midst of all, self-reminders are activated.

I will become stronger, bigger and better...

Under the time pressure cooker.

_________________________________________________

God, hear the prayers of my heart!